Th 6, 07/08/2020 | 14:17 CH
Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation
The Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation was held using Videoconferencing Platform from 8-9 July 2020.
The Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation (AWGIPC) was held using Videoconferencing Platform from 8-9 July 2020. This was the first online meeting for AWGIPC since it was established 26 years ago in 1996. The meeting was chaired by Dr Le Ngoc Lam, Deputy Director General, Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam (IP Viet Nam), Ministry of Science and Technology. It was the first AWGIPC meeting attended by two new IP Office Heads, Director General of IP Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) Mr. Rowel S. Barba, and the Chief Executive (Designate) of IP Office of Singapore (IPOS) Mrs. Rena Lee. It was also the last AWGIPC meeting attended by outgoing Chief Executive of IPOS, Mr. Daren Tang before he leaves to take up the Director General post in World IP Organization (WIPO), Geneva later this year.
The meeting was chaired by Dr Le Ngoc Lam, Deputy Director General, Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam
The Meeting provided updates on the Mid Term Review & Status of IPR Action Plan Deliverables, Task Forces, and Covid-19 Measures taken by AMS. There were also consultation sessions with dialogue partners such as WIPO, European Patent Office (EPO), and United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). The Japan Patent Office (JPO) Heads' Meeting, led by Commissioner Akira Matsunaga, was also held on the sidelines.
Tin mới nhất
- An Interview with Dr. Phan Tien Dzung, Director, Department of Technology Application and Development, Viet Nam Academy of Science and Technology
- Intellectual property key to innovation-driven economy
- WIPO Launches New Flagship Report “Green Technology Book”; First Edition Focuses on Climate-Change Adaptation
- Women and IP Accelerating innovation and creativity
- Global Innovation Index 2022
Các tin khác
- Daren Tang of Singapore Appointed as WIPO Director General
- Viet Nam attended the Heads of Intellectual Property Office Conference (HIPOC) for Countries in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Iran (Islamic Republic of) and Mongolia
- APEC in the Epicentre of COVID-19
- Ministry of Science and Technology’s Leadership congratulates Mr. Daren Tang on nomination for post of WIPO’s Director General
- WIPO’S GENERAL ASSEMBLIES TO APPROVE THE NOMINATION TO THE POST DIRECTOR GENERAL FOR NEXT TERM FROM 2020 TO 2026