Th 6, 04/09/2020 | 10:00 SA
Release of the Global Innovation Index 2020
Viet Nam ranks 1st among the 29 lower middle-income group economies.
The 2020 edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) presents the latest global innovation trends and the annual innovation ranking of 131 economies.
The theme of this year's GII - Who Will Finance Innovation? - is timely given the human and global economic damage wreaked by the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The virtual launch is graced by special messages from Mr. Francis Gurry, Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); Mr. Wang Zhigang, Minister for Science and Technology, China; Ms. Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Minister in Charge of Industry, France; Ms. Christine Lambrecht, Minister for Justice and Consumer Protection, Germany; and Mr. Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Railways, India.
Heading the lower middle-income group, Viet Nam ranks 42nd for a second consecutive year – up from 71st back in 2014. Taking the past years together, Viet Nam is among those GII economies in the top 50 to have made the most significant progress in ranking over time. It also holds the record, together with only three other economies, of having been an innovation achiever – a select group of economies whose innovation performance is above expectations for its level of development – for 10 consecutive years.
|* Viet Nam ranks 42nd among the 131 economies featured in the GII 2020.
* Viet Nam ranks 1st among the 29 lower middle-income group economies.
* Viet Nam ranks 9th among the 17 economies in South East Asia, East Asia, and Oceania.
Nguyen Hai Phong - Industrial Property Information Center (IPIC)
Tin mới nhất
Các tin khác
- WIPO webinar on “Intellectual Property Offices as Innovation Agencies”
- Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation
- Daren Tang of Singapore Appointed as WIPO Director General
- Viet Nam attended the Heads of Intellectual Property Office Conference (HIPOC) for Countries in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Iran (Islamic Republic of) and Mongolia
- APEC in the Epicentre of COVID-19