Sat, 09/11/2019 | 18:34 PM
Booklet on ASEAN Geographical Indications (GIs) procedures and products
The booklet, “Geographical Indications in the ASEAN Region”, is a comprehensive resource for producers, producer associations, IP practitioners, researchers and other stakeholders.
ARISE+ IPR, in coordination with the national Intellectual Property (IP) offices of the ASEAN Member States, publishes a booklet on ASEAN Geographical Indications (GIs) procedures and products.
GIs are signs which identify a product as originating in a particular region or locality, where a given quality, reputation or other characteristic of the product is essentially attributable to its geographical origin. They are considered a useful tool for economic growth and sustainable development, particularly in rural areas.
The booklet, “Geographical Indications in the ASEAN Region”, is a comprehensive resource for producers, producer associations, IP practitioners, researchers and other stakeholders. It includes detailed information about the advantages of GI protection, national sui generis GI systems and registration procedures in ASEAN Member States and the specifications of many prominent ASEAN GI products. There are also chapters on the sui generis GI system in the European Union, including registration procedures for non-EU GIs, as well as on the international registration of GIs through the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement on Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications.
In the booklet, the geographical indications of Vietnam are introduced starting from page 88 to page 99.
Explore the GI protection in the ASEAN region and prominent ASEAN GI products in the booklet via the link below:
Link to the booklet: https://euipoeuf.eu/sites/default/files/arise-docs/2019/ASEAN_GI-Booklet.pdf
IP Information Center
Latest news title
- An Interview with Dr. Phan Tien Dzung, Director, Department of Technology Application and Development, Viet Nam Academy of Science and Technology
- Intellectual property key to innovation-driven economy
- WIPO Launches New Flagship Report “Green Technology Book”; First Edition Focuses on Climate-Change Adaptation
- Women and IP Accelerating innovation and creativity
- Global Innovation Index 2022
- ASEAN Annual Conference on Applications of Information Technology in Industrial Property
- Viet Nam – The Colors of Traditional Brocade and Silk
- Viet Nam Joins the Hague System
- Viet Nam - Japan Intellectual property seminar – benefits and positive effects on the IP system of Viet Nam
- WIPO Regional Meeting on Developing the ASEAN Regional Technology Innovation Support Center (TISC) Network