Tue, 07/02/2023 | 16:05 PM
Women and IP Accelerating innovation and creativity
For generations, women have shaped our world with their ingenuity and creativity.
Women everywhere are:
- Driving scientific breakthroughs,
- Setting new creative trends,
- Building businesses and transforming our world.
Women bring new perspectives and talents to the table. But there is a problem! Too few women are participating in the intellectual property (IP) system. That means too few women are benefitting from IP.
And when women lose out, we all lose out. So we need to encourage more women to use the IP system to protect and add value to their work. That way, we can:
- Develop more and better technologies that work for everyone,
- Establish more thriving woman-led businesses,
- Support economic recovery and build back better.
Imagine what we can achieve... with more women involved in the business of innovation and creativity. When innovation, creativity and business are inclusive and embrace new ideas and perspectives, we all benefit.
Diversity is our strength. Everyone, everywhere, can use IP rights to protect their technology, brands, and creativity. Women make up nearly half the global population. They represent a huge pool of talent. We all gain from actively encouraging women to use the IP system.
World Intellectual Property Day 2023 is an opportunity to celebrate all talented women around the world. Let’s work towards gender parity in IP and unleash the ingenuity and creativity of women and girls everywhere. Together, we can build a better tomorrow.
Latest news title
- Geographical indication protection "NA HANG" for yeast corn wine product
- Geographical indication protection "Lang Son" for grass jelly product
- Geographical indication protection "Quang Tri" for Vang tea products
- Geographical indication protection "Gia Lai" for coffee products
- Geographical indication protection "Ben Tre" for four-quarter mango products
- Global Innovation Index 2022
- WIPO Invites Applicants for 2023 Global Awards Competition for SMEs
- Workshop and invention business contest on patent information search
- Luc Ngan lychee and Binh Thuan dragon fruit are protected as geographical indications in Japan in the top 10 science and technology events in 2021.
- Geographical indication protection of “MIYAGI SALMON” for salmon products