Fri, 07/08/2020 | 14:17 PM
Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation
The Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation was held using Videoconferencing Platform from 8-9 July 2020.
The Special Session of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation (AWGIPC) was held using Videoconferencing Platform from 8-9 July 2020. This was the first online meeting for AWGIPC since it was established 26 years ago in 1996. The meeting was chaired by Dr Le Ngoc Lam, Deputy Director General, Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam (IP Viet Nam), Ministry of Science and Technology. It was the first AWGIPC meeting attended by two new IP Office Heads, Director General of IP Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) Mr. Rowel S. Barba, and the Chief Executive (Designate) of IP Office of Singapore (IPOS) Mrs. Rena Lee. It was also the last AWGIPC meeting attended by outgoing Chief Executive of IPOS, Mr. Daren Tang before he leaves to take up the Director General post in World IP Organization (WIPO), Geneva later this year.
The meeting was chaired by Dr Le Ngoc Lam, Deputy Director General, Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam
The Meeting provided updates on the Mid Term Review & Status of IPR Action Plan Deliverables, Task Forces, and Covid-19 Measures taken by AMS. There were also consultation sessions with dialogue partners such as WIPO, European Patent Office (EPO), and United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO). The Japan Patent Office (JPO) Heads' Meeting, led by Commissioner Akira Matsunaga, was also held on the sidelines.
Latest news title
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the International patent classification 2021.01
- World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2021
- Amendments to the Regulations under the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks in force as from February 1, 2021
- Update on Vietnam's Global Innovation Index 2020
- IP Viet Nam attended the Conference for Head of Intellectual Property Offices of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), Mongolia and Iran - Session on the Project on Diagnostic of Resources and Management of IP Offices
- Daren Tang of Singapore Appointed as WIPO Director General
- Viet Nam attended the Heads of Intellectual Property Office Conference (HIPOC) for Countries in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Iran (Islamic Republic of) and Mongolia
- IP Annual Report 2019
- Supports for intellectual property assets development
- Intellectual property research, training and public awareness to be continuously leveraged